I originally painted 3 Warriors for Shadow War: Armageddon, and decided to add some more optimised reinforcements for my Kill Team Roster. First up is a Gunner Bug with Venom Cannon and Scything Talons:
He'll probably do quite well as a Heavy Specialist. Next up are two Trooper Bugs; armed with Death Spitters and Bone Swords/Lash Whips for assault:
These models are very quick to paint since the main technique is to use washes over a white primer for both colour and shade; I quite like the effect on the organic form of the Tyranids. I also use Gene Stealers in my Tyranid Kill Team, so here are the new Bugs with their stabby friends:
I haven't decided on a basing scheme for the Bugs yet; it will probably be urban/Armageddon dust since the grey offsets the green and yellow pretty well.
Alongside the Kill Team Board, that's two projects completed in the last few weeks, which is a nice way to finish up the year. As Christmas approaches I like to think on the hobby projects for the next 12 months, and I have a lot to choose from. Here's a little taster:
- Revisit the Carcharodons Astra (Space Sharks) in the light of the FAQ, and upcoming Chapter Approved
- Finalise my Dark Eldar list for the Club Doubles Tournament in February
- Get round to painting the Shadow Sword I was given for my 40th birthday (I'm an awful lot closer to my 50th...)
- May be re-visit the Death Watch post Chapter Approved as I've been enjoying playing them recently
- Paint the Soothsayer and her Barbarian Warband
- Build and paint some of the Age of Sigmar Malign Sorcery pieces
- Finish up Gaunt's Goats
- Paint the Death Guard Kill Team
- Work up a short campaign for the club
- Paint some more of the Pegasus Terrain
That's a big to do list, and I'll doubt I'll get anywhere finishing all of it (and I'm sure there will be more stuff added as I go along), but it will be fun regardless. I will of course blog my progress and I hope you'll accompany me on the journey!