Monday 30 May 2022

Power Armoured Paint: Black Reach Dreadnought

 Welcome back to the Vault once more! Hobby time has been 40K focused over the weekend having an enjoyed a Doubles game using the Carcharodons Astra. We used the Tempest of War cards, and I'm really enjoying this format.

I also came across a half finished and mostly forgotten about Dreadnought in the Pile of Promise. I love my Dreddies so I thought it would be fun to finish it up.


This model is from the 5th edition Assault on Black Reach starter set. He definitely feels a lot smaller and simpler than more modern designs but there is a distinct charm to the model. And the 9th ed boost to Multi Melta weapons will make it effective on the table top.


It has been so long since I painted a Green Marine I had to source a new paint; Caliban Green is the new Dark Angels Green apparently. It's a good match with my old models.

The Dreadnought came on a crappy plain base with holes for the pegged feet. I had a spare dreadnought base and felt it would be more in keeping with the old school vibe to use it.


I've decided to nickname this model "Scully" on the basis of how many there are on his left arm. Yes I do like a good pun.

I have a number of other half finished marine units I might go back and finish, just to get them done. There's a very old school Deathwing-esque list collection full of Dreddies, Terminators and Land Raiders that I reckon would easily make 2k points; I wonder how long that would take me to complete. I might muster the models for a future post...

I'm on holiday this week, and have a trip to Warhammer World planned. Wish me luck for the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment