Sunday 18 July 2021

Creeper Ooze

Welcome back to the Vault. Today I'm seeking shade within the nooks and crannies of the Vault as the temperature is a lovely 30℃ outside, so suffice it to say my post will be brief.

Regular readers will know I'm a fan of Krakon Games range of miniatures; they are quirky and have a unique charm about them, as shown in the Twisted Fungi. They are great fun to paint, and I've recently completed a Creeper Ooze.

Dungeons and Dragons is full of oozes, jellies and slime monsters so this chap should fit right in! I  wondered as to why an ooze monster would have a set of spines, but rationalised this as perhaps some magical rocks/warpstone/delirium which might have become entwined and given the beast magical powers. The view from the rear does show these more like rocks or crystals.


I like the pose; it gives the impression of the Ooze striking forward like a serpent to engulf its prey.

I've tried for bit of a glow around the skull face, but not sure I've really succeeded. Regardless this will be a fun surprise for an unwary adventuring party!

No comments:

Post a Comment