Sunday 6 December 2020

Pestilential Painting: Foul Blightspawn Work in Progress

 Welcome back to the Vectorium! Hobby time has been scant recently but I have managed to slap some paint onto a couple of models. I've been focusing on the "Elite" entry of my Death Guard Combat Patrol, the particularly vile Foul Blightspawn,

Doh! Bad lighting and washed out colours

Base colours are (mostly) on, and I've started the wash stage. This is a great model, and suitably Nurgley with a sprayer full of gloop and a rack of Blight Grenades.

I love the "fuel tank" on the back of the model; the porthole on the left hand side gives a clue that there's something unwholesome brewing. I guess the cracked glass isn't too much of a concern, as I don't think the Death Guard are big on Health and Safety.  And I'm sure using your spare intestines as a hose is *fine*.


Weird Steam Punk mechanics are one of the overarching Plague Marine themes, and the Blightspawn leans into it. The right hand side of the model has this fantastic exhaust and gear mechanism, although I dread to think what the crank handle embedded in the gut does!


There's still plenty to do on this model, but I've really enjoyed painting it so far. Fingers crossed I'll slap some more paint on it over the next week and I'll share the progress with (fingers crossed) some better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment