Sunday 6 September 2020

Tales from Titan: Raise the Banners

 Welcome back to the Vault! I've been spending some time working on my Grey Knights; and first up is a Brotherhood/Paladin Ancient:

The Ancient is unsurprisingly a Standard Bearer whose Banner provides nearby Grey Knights units with a Leadership and Attack buff. The Ancient also gains access to the Banner of Refining Flame Relic which grants him access to a short range D6 damage Smite psychic power.

I painted the model in two sub assemblies; the Ancient and the standard. The standard was a bit of a challenge to paint but fun; certainly a change from my usual models. I love the deep red (Fleshtearers Red Contrast):

For the Terminator I reused the new paint scheme I've used on the Apothecary and Grand Master Voldus, based on a black primer and Grey Knights Steel. It's more labourious than my previous scheme but I think it looks great and it's worth the effort for Character/Hero models. 

As an aside I think I've missed a gaming trick; I've armed the Ancient with a Storm Bolter, but having flicked through the Codex he can take a Nemesis Falchion. I'll have to see if I can convert one on to him as giving him a power weapon seems a mandatory upgrade. Silly Varchilde for missing it!

I've also spent some time repairing some broken Grey Knight models; some Interceptors needed antenna on teleporter back packs replaced and a Dread Knight needed a stabiliser thing reattached to a leg. I mentioned in my last post that I'd got the wash order wrong on my Venerable Dreadnought's base, so I've sorted that as well. Much more in keeping with my other Grey Knights!

I've got a couple of games planned over the coming fortnight; it'll be fun to get the Heroes of Titan onto the table and see how they fare. I'll be sure to report on their progress. 

2 comments: