Long term readers may recall I'd picked up my Grey Knights for some games just before lock down and I'd actually built a few new models to use alongside my existing force. Time to get one of these chaps painted then!
My normal recipe for Grey Knights is to prime in a Steel colour then wash the model in a black blue mix. In this case I started with a black primer then applied the GK Steel as a base colour on top before applying the usual washes. At this point the model didn't appear to different to my normal scheme and involved an extra step; not good!
I reapplied the GK Steel and added a Chainmail highlight; this has made a noticeable difference compared and I quite like the effect. I'll certainly try this approach again.
I also decided to use a green spot colour for the Force Weapon, lenses, etc. as opposed to the usual blue (which can be seen on the auspex scanner on the arm above). I think the green helps the model to pop a little bit more.
The Apothecary still needs basing; I'll paint a few models up and then have a base them as a batch. The resin bases I've used historically are no longer produced so I'm now using a texture paint approach and painting them to match the existing models.
Here's one final shot of the Apothecary.
I've also kit-bashed up a Grey Knight Chaplain. I didn't have a suitable skull helm which is a major strike against, but hopefully the double skully pauldrons and a suitable paint job will make the model look more convincing.
I am pleased with the crozius which is a head swap from the warding stave onto the Daemon Hammer's haft.
I'm hoping to get a socially distanced game arranged soon and if I can settle on a list I like I'll be bringing the Sons of Titan for their first game of the new edition.