Sunday 23 August 2020

Tales from Titan: Grand Master Voldus

Greetings my fellow Brother Captains, and welcome back to the Vault. This week's hobby time has been spent painting up some reinforcements for my 40K Grey Knights collection. I'm working on the models I need to complete my first 9th ed army list, namely a Dreadnought and Grand Master Voldus.  

I've finished up Voldus bar basing, and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

 I have to confess I'm in love with Grey Knight Steel paint, and I've changed my painting recipe to incorporate it. I'm now working from a black primer and using GK Steel over the top before applying the usual washes (and then reapplying the GK Steel). 

I'm also incorporating Contrast paints; I like the flesh tone (less sure about the beard/stubble), and the psychic hood in particular.

Voldus was enjoyable to paint; there's a lot of different textures and whilst he's busy from the front (presenting wards and trophies to intimidate Daemons no doubt) he's a touch simpler from the sides and rear.

I'm saving the job of basing Voldus until I've got a few models done and then I'll batch them up. I'll finish up the Dreadnought first though.

As always, thanks for taking some time out of your day to read my ramblings. I'd be interested find out what you are working on and your experiences of 9th ed so far. Feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment