Wednesday 2 November 2022

Warsmith's Words: Iron Warriors Havocs

 Welcome back to the Vault! I seem to be on my longest hobby streak for several years; I'm actually painting daily at the moment which is unheard of! I'm currently alternating "unit of dudes" with "cool big model or character", and next off the list is another Iron Warriors iconic unit, the Havocs.

All the Troopers are armed with Lascannons to provide some valuable long ranged anti tank fire.

I've made judicious use of the Army Painter Magic Blue for the power coils; I think it looks pretty good as an accent colour.



I like the organic merging of the weapons and trooper so I've painted the cables like flesh and the cables from the skull to the back pack as a mix.




The poor squad sergeant doesn't get a massive gun, but he does get a chainsword and a tactical rock to pose on!


I enjoyed painting this unit up and I have a second squad built with Reaper Chain Cannons; they are a ways down the to do list at this point however!

No comments:

Post a Comment