Sunday 11 September 2022

Warsmith's Words: Iron Warrior Terminators

 Welcome back to the Vault! My recent painting sessions have been focused on completing the ten Iron Warrior Terminators I started a few weeks ago. A final push over this weekend has seen them all completed and based. 

I enjoyed painting them in the main (although batch painting can be a bit of a pain), and as suspected there was a lot of fun in painting up all the trophies. I've also experimented with a new paint which I'm quite pleased with as well.

The paint in question is Army Painter's Azure Magic blue metallic. I've used in places on the Accursed Weapons, the eye lenses and to achieve a "power glow" on the termie power packs.


One of the things I love about these Chaos Models is the variety of textures; metal armour, cloth, fur, bones and horn all on the same model. So many skulls!


And of course being Iron Warriors, there's plenty of opportunity for Hazard Stripes!



I've painted the trophy Space Marine and Guard helms in a variety of colours. As a nod to some recent games I've included trophies representing my opponents forces. Here's a very unhappy looking White Scar:

And I'll finish up with a couple more pics of various squad markers.



Next up is a Master of Possession to act as a super-buffer for the Termies. I do need to then knuckle down and draft my list for Octoberfest; I'm thinking I might need some quicker infantry so Raptors or Warp Talons might make the painting desk soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment