Monday 27 December 2021

Tales from Titan: Nemesis Dread Knight

 Welcome back to the Vault! I hope you've all had a great Christmas and been good enough for Santa to bring you some gaming and hobby goodies! I've been given a copy of the Stargrave rules which I'm keen to read through, but before then I have a game of 40K planned for later this week.

I will be bringing my Grey Knights who will be getting their first game with the new codex! I'm still procrastinating over army choices, but I think I'll be bringing a bit of everything to try a variety of units and stratagems from the Codex.

I've also finished the third Nemesis Dread Knight, so he will be able to take to the table top resplendent in  his shiny new paint job!

I'm generally happy with how the mini has turned out. My earlier Grey Knight vehicles have been a bit meh with lots of Nuln Oil over the armour plates, but I like how the blue steel armour looks and provides a distinct contrast to the more functional machiney-metal bits.

The Great Sword however was an exercise in frustration! I was originally going green (as shown in the last post), but decided to try a funky scheme that Neil suggested (with a handy tutorial).

Which turned out spectacularly badly.

So after a bit of a rant on the group chat, and some words of encouragement I picked up the brush once once more and went back to the original plan with some blended green and some additional lightning bolt-zappy energy lines on the blade.

It's not perfect but believe me it's a lot better than the prior effort!

The basing is a simple matter of applying the "Army of the Dead" paint scheme onto some Astrogranite texture paint:

  • Drybrush light grey
  • Drybrush white
  • Apply Blue wash
  • Apply Green wash once the Blue wash has dried 

Now I need to finish up my army list before my game tomorrow! Nothing like leaving things to the last minute; I'll post the list and how the game went in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment