Monday 20 December 2021

Tales from Titan: Nemesis Dread Knight Work In Progress

 Welcome back to the Vault! I've really struggled to fit in any meaningful hobby and gaming time over the last couple of weeks. In part this has been due the inevitable rush in the run up to Christmas, but I've also been feeling a bit off-game thanks to my booster jab.

However I'm on holiday now; I intend to get some painting and playing in over the next couple of weeks! 

I have started slapping paint onto a Nemesis Dread Knight. At this point the base colours and washes are pretty much done. 

I have two Dread Knights painted already so I'm going for a slightly different colour scheme to mark this machine as my Grand Master version.


I quite like the different metals, with the blue tint to the actual armour plates, and the black wash on the weapons and "machine" parts. 

I have had this model in my pile of shame mound of opportunity for years; Dread Knights appear to be the new hotness in the Grey Knights codex, and I'm going to a "competitive" event early next year so it's a no brainer to paint it up.

A slight aside: whilst I'm ecstatic that Grey Knights have a good codex, it is quite frustrating that every competitive Grey Knights list is basically "spam as many Dread Knights and Interceptors as you possibly can". It would have been great to see other Data Sheets being similarly excellent and seeing equal time on the table top. 

I am still very much in the "too many choices" part of the list writing process. I have 10 completed Interceptors in addition to my Dread Knights and don't intend to buy/paint any more at this point. My current thought is to go MSU with Strike Marines and Purifiers to support, and fill out any spare points possibly with a Dreadnought or a squad of Terminators.



So what's next? I have a hobby video chat with some of the First Founding regulars later this week, and I'll be continuing to work on this model. I want to refine my GK list and try to schedule a game, and I also need to write the fluff and rules for my Hero Forge character. Lots of fun over the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment