Monday 23 December 2019

Power Armoured Paint: Primaris Reinforcements

Welcome back the Vault my fellow Frater. This week the Carcharadons Astra return from the depths of the Void having received some new reinforcements.

I've had the luxury of extra hobby time this week and completed two Primaris Space Marine units.  First up is a squad of 5 Stalker Bolter armed Intercessors.

There's nothing particularly sexy about this unit, their job is to provide some mid to back field cover and plink away with their Damage 2 guns.



I was trying to be disciplined and batch paint multiple squads of Intercessors, but I have to admit I got bored edge highlighting a lot of men.  Hence this squad got completed whilst their fellow Battle Brothers languish in a work in progress state.

I've also painted a squad of Eliminators.  My goodness, I love these models; there were great fun to paint with a variety of textures.

I've used some Contrast Paints on these models, in particular Black Templar for the Camo Cloaks and Snakebite Leather for the multitude of pouches.


These models are the first Space Sharks I've painted flesh on! I'm fairly happy with the result as generic "flesh tone", but it's probably not pale enough for Carcharodons.  I'll experiment a bit more on later models.



I've decided to try green as the spot colour on the Phobos units, as opposed to my usual blue; I like the result on the Sarge's scope so I think I'll stick with it!

Next up on the painting desk is a Primaris Lieutenant and another Intercessor squad.  Then I may be painting some Deathwatch Veterans to help out my doubles tournament partner painting queue!

Thanks for stopping by and reading; I hope you've all been good this year and Santa brings you hobby and gaming projects to keep you entertained over the holiday period!

No comments:

Post a Comment