Monday 18 November 2019

Power Armoured Paint: Completed Aggressors

Greetings Frater, and welcome back to the Vault. Game time this week has been spent playing card games at First Founding; the Batman variant of Love Letter, and Munchkin 40K.  The Kovalik take on 40K visuals is very funny!

Hobby wise I'm glad to say I've finished my Aggressors.  This unit has been a bit of a millstone around my neck; I started it almost 18 months ago before I put the Carcharodons on hiatus and it's taken a level of determination to pick up and complete.  However, I'm rather pleased with the results.



I've taken a leaf out of my regular Space Wolf opponent's painting book and cut back on the level of edge highlighting, just concentrating on the most obvious edges.  The shading on the armour and gun metal is courtesy of a liberal application of magic wash, a 1:1 mix of Nuln Oil and Lahmian Medium.

The shoulder pads provide a wonderfully large surface for Space Shark tribal markings:


I've built the Sergeant with an icon on the pauldron so I've added markings to his helm and power fists instead.  He can be seen on the left of the group shot:

Now that this particular monkey is off my back I'm looking forward to the next unit in the painting queue. I'm decided to alternate between troops choices and other units, so it's time to work on some more Intercessors.

The Aggressors will hit the gaming table soon; I've got a doubles game scheduled for later this week and I'm considering running them with a Master of Ambush HQ.  My opponents won't believe the Carcharodons are that sneaky considering their stompy-Gravis armour boots!

As always thanks for taking the time to stop by the Vault. I'll report back on how the next iteration of the Space Shark list fares in the doubles game.

No comments:

Post a Comment