Tuesday 24 September 2019

Regimental Reporting: On the paint desk

Welcome back to the Officers Mess! I am writing this post later than originally planned, but the delay is worthwhile; I've had a long weekend and indulged myself in a couple of painting session.  The focus has been on the remaining models for my current Guard list, and I'm pleased with the progress.

I have finished the Hell Hound:


I'm pretty happy with how the tank has turned out, although I still need to add some decals.




I'm not too sure about the Typhus Corrosion on the promethium drums and pipes. I like how the effect looks, but I'm not convinced about how I've applied it; the re-fuelling servitor is definitely sloppy!

I have half a dozen infantry models to paint as well. First up is the Techpriest Enginseer:


Not too much time spent on this guy so far; just the base coat and a bit of twatting about on the robes.

I'm also working on a squad of Scions:




Still a long way to go on these gents.  I've modified my colour scheme since painting my original Scions, using more metallics on the armour trim.

I quite like this unit game wise; double volley gun is proving to be more useful than double plasma gun in my list.  This unit has to be self sufficient with no Scion Officer to buff them and having 8 S4 -2 AP shots at 24" range is more reliable than than trying to get within 12" to double tap plasma.

The list still proves to be CP hungry; I've tried Old Grudges with meh results for a few games and will be going back Grand Strategist for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment