Sunday 16 April 2023

Warsmith's Words: Spawns and Fiends, oh my!

 Welcome back to the Vault. My obsession with all things Chaotic continues with some more additions to the Iron Warriors. First up is the mighty Forge Fiend. I fully intend to bring this beastie to the Mayhem tournament next month where I fully intend to abuse it's shooting capability with the Methodical Annihilation Stratagem.

This was a lot of fun to paint up, and I enjoyed creating scenic base for it.



The next unit was a bit of a "palate cleanser" as I've been painting an awful lot of armour recently. This pair of Chaos Spawn have been in my Pile of Promise for more years than I care to remember! GW sell them with 50mm bases currently which I think the models look better on, so I knocked out a couple of bases from spare plasticard.

These received a very simple paint scheme which I'm quite pleased with; looks suitably gribbly!





I'm now back into armour painting mode with a mighty Leviathan Dreadnought under the brush. Still plenty to do on this chonky piece of resin.

Gaming wise I've played a couple of games of Boarding Action, with the Iron Warriors seeing off a variety of Space Marines of different flavours. I really like this new format and I'm seriously considering painting a Boarding Patrol in a brand new scheme. 

As I alluded to earlier, Mayhem is on the horizon, and I'm suffering from my usual list indecision. I've still got a couple of weeks to finalise my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment