Tuesday 18 October 2022

Warsmith's Words: Completed Vindicator

 Welcome back to the Vault! A quick post today showing off the completed Iron Warriors Vindicator I started a couple of weeks ago. My hobby butterfly seems to be firmly focused on the IV Legion at the moment!

The Vindicator has been suitably weathered as befits a siege tank. I've enjoyed using some of the weathering techniques I've practiced on terrain pieces on an a gaming model.




There are still a few things that irk me about this particular kit; Aquila tracks and Imperial icons. Really? Are the Chaos Warpsmiths too lazy to come up with their own designs!

I think I've mentioned before that I've fallen in love with the Army Painter Magic Blue tinted metallic. I'm always looking for an opportunity to use it as a spot colour on the Iron Warrior models and there's a hint of it on the lights and windows of the Vindicator. 


Can't wait to get this bad boy on the gaming table; I've got a game arranged at First Founding against Tom's Orks and I'll have to make space for the Vindicator in the list!

2 comments:

  1. really like how this turned out... especially the weathering/paint damage... nice work Dude!

    ReplyDelete