Sunday 6 March 2022

Pestilential Painting: Finishing the Infected Rhino

 Welcome back to the Vectorium! 40K is very much the focus of my hobby time at the moment; I've played another game since last week's Doubles and I've also been painting some units over the last fortnight or so.

First off the paint bench is a Rhino Transport for the Death Guard. I started this project last year, and then promptly got distracted by other units! 

I like the juxtaposition of weathered armour and gross wriggly tentacles. The home sculpted tentacles have turned out pretty well.

I've also leaned into the spiky bits of the Chaos Vehicles accessory frame. It may have been better to cut the spikes off the base plate and mount them individually but that's a lesson I can apply to a future project.


 I've also free handed a Nurgle icon on the top of the transport; suitably shabby to match the rest of the paint work. 

As an aside, I came across an interesting post on Bolter and Chainsword where someone had created a Khorne icon stamp from a sponge which gave a very weathered appearance when applied to a tank. I might try something similar in future.

It'll be fun to get the Rhino on the table top for a game sometime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment