Sunday 6 February 2022

Munitorum Armoured Containers

 Welcome back to the Vault! Sometimes the hobby butterfly settles on an unexpected project and this week it's alighted upon a small terrain project. I have a subscription to the Imperium magazine and there have been several issues with Munitorum Armoured Containers.

These terrain pieces are a staple of many a 40K table and can be arranged in plenty of different configurations. I thought it would be fun to paint mine up and use them as an opportunity to try out some weathering techniques.

I painted up the two red containers first of all, starting from a black base coat with a Khorne Red zenithal primer on top. This was followed up with a dry brush of a lighter red, and then some Lead Belcher on the metal details.

The other details like the lights and skulls are pretty straight forward.

The weathering was achieved through a combination of stippling a dark brown followed by Lead Belchers with a small sponge, and then washing with Argrax Earthshade which dulls the model down nicely.

Once the wash was dry I applied some rust effect around the base of the containers.



For the final Container I decided to go with an industrial yellow. This started again with a black primer followed by a zenithal of AP Demonic Yellow. This was followed up with a lighter yellow dry brush and then painting the metal details.

The weathering is much more evident on this lighter model. Instead of the orange rust I decided to try some AK slimy streaking grime to imply there's something liquid and nasty within.



I'm really pleased with how the yellow Container turned out as the weathering effects are more visible. I can these getting plenty of use in both 40K and Kill Team and I've learnt a lot about weathering techniques. I fancy getting some more of the 40K industrial terrain and rusting them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment