Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year from the Vault

 Happy New Year everyone! This time last year I was blogging about my gaming and hobby activities during 2019; how different 2020 has been.

Lockdown and social distancing has meant there has been a lack of face to face gaming, however I've filled the void with plenty of painting and gaming/hobby activities via the wonders of the Internet.

Without the regular tournament events in the diary my painting has been driven on the basis of whim and fancy, starting with a number of fantasy models and culminating with a mini-40K Death Guard project.


The Death Guard in particular have been a lot of fun to paint, and I'll be continuing to work on them during the coming weeks (in fact the second squad of Plague Marines is on the paint bench as I type!)


I've been lucky to participate in a regular painting/hobby video chat with some of the First Founding regulars: Neil from Table Standard, Kanan from Zero's Hobby Zone, and David of David Paints 40K

We'll be participating in a Tale of Four Gamers-esque over the coming months, potentially working towards a War of the Spider narrative; given there are Death Guard, Custodes and Creations of Bile forces in progress. No doubt we'll all capture progress on our respective platforms.

I've also had the privilege to participate in a weekly 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons campaign, and I have to confess I've fallen in love with the latest version of my favourite RPG. There's an elegance to some of the rule mechanics I really like and I'm enjoying exploring the system as a player. 

Whilst I've not been blogging the adventures of my various characters (Immerel the Druid, Hawkins the Bard and Poppy Bones the Shadow Sorcerer), I've got some ideas for an adventure or two which I'll post about should they come to fruition.

So there's plenty to keep me entertained and the blog active in the future. Stay safe and keep tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment