Sunday 12 July 2020

Power Armoured Paint: Redemptor Work In Progress #1

Welcome to the Vault once more! I've spent my hobby time this week working on my Redemptor Dreadnought.  I've no idea how this model will perform in the new edition of 40K, but I have been enjoying time spent slapping paint about!


This session has been all about edging armour panels on the sarcophagus and legs, and washing the associated metal areas.


 
I'm looking forward to adding some details; the large areas give ample opportunity for adding Carcharodon markings and Chapter symbols. I've started on the left leg:


Admittedly the design looks a bit scrappy in close up but it'll be fine on the table top!

The new 40K rules and associated box set went on pre-release this weekend. I've settled for a rule book; I'd finally talked myself into the box set (which has some very nice looking models in it) but by the time I'd gone to the website on Saturday morning the box had sold out. Perhaps there will be a restock and another opportunity to indulge!

Gaming wise I've played in a couple of RPGs this week; my introductory Swords and Wizardy Light adventure concluded with the rescue of Kolban the Wizard, and Immerel the druid and his fellow adventurers finally defeated the Fire Giant King's attack on their home of Skedge.

I'm feeling suitably motivated to finally start on my Magnum Opus Dungeons and Dragons campaign; I've had had a number of ideas brewing for different campaign arcs and I've got a cunning plan to weave them into a single story; Spell Jammer meets The Mummy via Menzoberranzen with an Oceans Eleven inspired crime heist!

No comments:

Post a Comment