Sunday 15 July 2018

Frostgrave: Cultist Barbarian

Hello once again dear Venturers!  The chaos of updating the family kitchen is pretty much over and I'm very pleased as I snuck some hobby related changes into the shopping list of changes; the room now has oodles of light which makes painting a much more pleasant experience, and I've now got two (!) dedicated shelves for paints and models so they no longer clutter work surfaces and annoy Mrs. Varchilde.

So of course I've had to paint something. Today's effort is a reinforcement for my Frostgrave war band; a Barbarian who has been recruited into Acecerak's evil cult!

Mask!

So this guy was fun to put together, and was kit bashed from a bunch of the Frostgrave plastics:

  • Barbarian body/legs
  • Greatsword and arms from the Gnoll kit (yes really)
  • Cultist head
I've applied my quick and dirty cultist paint scheme and then went for a black/grey fur pelt. Couple of other views:

Fur!

Sword!
My war band has been suffering from plain bases so I thought I'd have a go at the cobblestone effect seen in the Frostgrave books. I've applied it to the Thieves as well:



Not sure I've pulled it off, but I'll do a few more and see if my wonky free hand improves! I've got a game planned for next week so I'll see if the bases satisfy the 3' rule and if not I'll try again. As always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment