Sunday 8 October 2017

Power from Paint: Octoberfest Approaches!

Welcome back to the Vault my fellow Archons. This week the Cult of the Sand Viper is receiving  reinforcements straight from the Paint Shop in the form of a Ravager armed with the fearsome Disintegration Cannons.

And just in time because in less than a week the Cult go to war at First Founding's Octoberfest Tournament!

Ravages #3: The Cure

I quite enjoy giving my models names and occasionally bits of fluff. Hence this boat is The Cure; named both for the gothy musical Disintegration link, and the fact it does sterling work deleting Space Marines, Terminators and other bothersome heavy infantry.

If the red dot hits you it's going to be a bad day.
And here is the Army List where the The Cure joins a veritable flotilla of skimmers.

Spiky Tinned Spam
Apologies to all the fluff bunnies out there; this is a very spammy list. I hope it will do well; it has the tools to deal with tanks and infantry, but it definitely has limitations (notably a real lack of boots on the ground).

My only 2 changes to the list since recent games were to swap the Agoniser on the Archon for a Power Sword (for better AP), and giving the Voidraven Dark Scythes (giving some redundancy to the Dizzy Ravager).

I still have to paint the Voidraven Bomber. Normally a week before the tournament I'd be panicking if there were unpainted models, but I've got a couple of days clear this week to paint the flyer! No need to panic just yet.

I have completed the base as the texture paint and wash can take ages to dry between stages. I'm quite pleased with the results.



Pics of the Voidraven to come later in the week once the beastie has some paint on it, and if the rumoured list of forces for the tournament gets published in advance I'll try and do some predictions!

Thanks for reading and see you next time in the Web Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment