Sunday 8 January 2017

Hello World!

Hello you lovely people!

Thanks for taking the time to check out my little corner of the Blogoverse. Let me tell you what this is all about. I've been a table top gamer for many, many years; I love all sorts of games and over the last few years I've posted on various forums and groups (usually under my gaming alter ego Varchilde).  For 2017 I thought I'd try something a little different and collate my thoughts and posts in a central repository (the Vault). Thus Varchilde's Vault has been born.



I am bit of a gaming butterfly, moving from game to game and hobby project to hobby project as my whim takes me. But to give you a flavour of what I hope to cover the current list of favourites includes:

Dungeons and Dragons
The grand daddy of Role Playing Games, I run two campaigns using a mash up of the 3rd edition and pathfinder rules with a third campaign being worked up:

  • The ongoing adventures of the Talis Men; a Chartered Adventuring Company currently plundering the Vault of the Iron Overlord.
  • Quail Valley; a sandbox campaign where the players seek the fabled treasure of Larin Karr.
  • An as yet unnamed re-boot of some old Classics; the Keep on the Borderlands meets Village of Hommlet with a sprinkling of RQs Dorastor(!) thrown in for good measure.

Warhammer 40,000
Currently playing the Imperial Guard on the table top, and painting reinforcements for an online painting challenge. Other armies will make an appearance as my mood changes. Upcoming delights include a Kill Team day, and a mega-battle against some Space Wolves. I'm sure their bark is worse than their bite.


An Armoured Sentinel. Pew Pew!

Frostgrave
Osprey's fantasy skirmish game, this little gem of a system hasn't had the exposure in the local games community it deserves. Perhaps we can change that!

Nasty Evil Cultist types. Don't trust them! (and ignore the shoe box)

Dropzone Commander
Hawk's 10mm hard sci fi system has a lot of love in the local games community; it's the reason I picked the system up as you are pretty much always guaranteed a game on club night. The UCM are my faction of choice.

UCM: United Colonies of Man (or United Colours of Minion?)

And finally:

The board and card games
I love board games and card games of all kinds. These will get a shout out when I get the chance to play them. If you want a recommendation to take away from this post check out Pandemic; great fun.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment