Sunday 3 January 2021

Pestilential Painting: The Second Wave

 Welcome back to the Vectorium! One of the great things about a long Christmas holiday is the opportunity to focus on a bigger hobby project or two. This year I've kept focus and painted up the second Plague Marine squad for my Death Guard Combat Patrol. I'm pretty pleased with the models and so here's a bunch of pictures documenting my efforts!

The unit is 7 models strong (that being Nurgle's number), and I've focused on spamming Plasma Guns in the squad (2 on line troopers and one on the Plague Champion).


I like the Cyclops guy on the right, particularly his dapper looking Cloak and Chainmail ensemble:


Next up is the Champion and his tentacley best mate. I'm quite pleased with the effect I'm getting on the horns and skin using contrast paint.



The squad is then supported by the Stabby Boys.


 And finally there's everyone's favourite: Buzz Blight-Here.


He's got a little friend he takes around with him. All joking aside I think the Plague Bearer skin is looking good; it's Skeleton Horde for the horn, and 1:1 Argothian Camo/Medium for the skin. Where the two mix around the eye is a good "Nurgley skin" effect and should be easy to replicate across Plague Bearers.

Given I'd built up a back log of models which needed basing I've also finished off the 2 characters and the Blight Hauler.





By my reckoning that leaves a Rhino and a Plague Burst Crawler left to paint to finish the Combat Patrol. I might paint an additional Champion so I can run 3 minimum sized squads of Plague Marines and that will put well on the way to fielding a Battalion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment