Sunday 17 January 2021

Pestilential Painting: Plague Burst Crawler Part One

 Welcome back to the Vectorium! I now have 2 units left to complete my initial 50 PL Combat Patrol; a Rhino and a Plague Burst Crawler. I've decided to tackle the Plague Burst Crawler first as I've really been looking forward to tackling this model (it's one of the reasons I decided to start a Death Guard collection in the first place).

Look at the beast; a great big slab of armour that'll grind towards the enemy whilst lobbing shells at it's cowering foes from that massive mortar! Oh and it doesn't need a crew on account of the angry Daemon bound into it. What's not to love?


Today's weather today was good enough for priming the Beastie (it'll need a better name, so any suggestions in the comments below), so it's received a Chaos Black coat all over, followed by Death Guard Green focused on the armour segments.

Today's weather was also good enough that I decided to spend a good portion outdoors enjoying the winter sun, so there was no further progress beyond the rattle cans!


I've got a hobby video chat planned with the Usual Suspects later this week, so I'll start applying some colour during that session.


I've also been reading and watching some of the Death Guard codex reviews which have dropped since the book went on pre-order. The biggest take away is this codex is quite a rework from the old book; the best advice anyone can take is to not compare it (and hence be bitter about what has been lost) to the previous edition but to look for the good stuff that's bound to be in there.

The reviews are worth a look for any Chaos player as I suspect we'll see some of the rules follow through into the other Chaos books as they are released.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the Codex and deciding how to evolve my force. I definitely want to paint up a second HQ and another Plague Marine Squad to give me a Battalion; that's a solid basis from which the force can spin out in many directions.

I've seen an excellent conversion using the Plague Burst Crawler chassis as the basis of a Rhino. I'm quite tempted to see what can be done with the kit to build other Nurgle-themed vehicles; if that comes to anything then I'll be sure to write a post about it.

Stay tuned for more updates on the Death Guard!


No comments:

Post a Comment