Sunday 19 July 2020

Power Armoured Paint: Completed Redemptor Dreadnought

Welcome back to the Vault! This week's hobby time has been spent completing the Redemptor Dreadnought destined to reinforce the Carcharodons Astra.  This has been a relatively simple, but fun project culminating in lots of free hand markings across the Sarcophogus and shoulders.



I'm becoming more confident with painting the markings; definitely a case where lots of practice helps.  The right pauldron has my first attempt at the Sharks Maw:


It's ok for a first attempt, but if I were to try it again I think I'd work up a template first rather than just eyeballing it!

Left side view. Different style of pattern doodled onto the shoulder.


And finally a view of the back of the model:


Looking forward I'm arranging an out doors, socially distanced game of 40k with one of my regular opponents and this chap may well feature within the list.  I've also got two weeks off work; this will be something of a staycation and I'd like to paint some more models in between the day trips.  I'll be sure to keep you all posted with progress and with some more free time I might be able to manage some bonus blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment