Thursday 30 July 2020

Power Armoured Paint: Carcharodon Sicaran Battle Tank

Welcome back to the Vault my fellow Commanders! My summer holiday has afforded me another couple of painting sessions and I've turned my attention to a more serious project.  This time last year some friends and I visited Warhammer World and I indulged in some Forge World Armour; the venerated Relics of the Chapter.

I've really enjoyed painting the Sicaran Battle Tank; it looks menacing and is a hefty beast, being made entirely of resin.

I opted for a simple paint job; solid blocks of colour and neat (for me!) edge highlight.  I've also added some decals from the Forge World transfer sheet (another relic from the hobby stash), rather than applying free hand exile markings.

Here are some side views:



The shark decals look really sharp and crisp!  I've also used a new paint I picked up recently; Grey Knight Steel. It's a base paint but works really well as a dry brush over the darker Lead Belcher. Gives a lovely effect.

Finally here's the view of the Sicaran's rear:


Astute readers will note that the back of the Sicaran has some additional armour plates not seen on the stock model.  I have a confession to make; I bodged the back of the tank when removing one of the overly chunky resin gates and damaged one of the track guards.  Rather than attempt a green stuff repair (which itself would likely result in a bodge), I covered the damage with a spare armour plate. I think it fits the model quite well.

I'm looking forward to getting the Sicaran on the table top; time to arrange another socially distanced game!

No comments:

Post a Comment