Thursday 16 August 2018

Cool Stuff: Freyja's Wrath

Today we have another post full of pictures of Cool Stuff! Another Kickstarter has delivered it's lovely metal and resin goodness into my grubby mitts. This time it's some models from the Freyja's Wrath Kickstarter run by Bad Squiddo Games.

The Kickstarter models are all themed around Shield Maidens, Norse mythology and Scandinavian creatures. Again I was drawn to a lot of the characterful sculpts and the opportunity to fill some of the gaps in my gaming bestiary.

First up is The Seer: 

 
Followed by Hulda the Herbalist:


This pair of ladies are guarded by two Warrior Maidens, Skalmold the Valkyrie:

And Agna the Dwarven Heroine:

All four are beautiful pieces, with lovely crisp detail. I can see them forming the basis of a Frostgrave Warband, alongside my box of Northstar Barbarian plastics. 

In terms of the creatures my absolute favourites are the Bear and Cubs:



My first thoughts are to use Mama Bear as an Animal Companion for the Frostgrave Warband and the two cubs as Familiars.

I selected the Scandinavian Wild Cats as they are very unusual looking felines.


Whilst the Cats and Ravens are great for a variety of scenarios and games (there are some Frostgrave scenarios which use each for example).



Between these and the Gnomes I've added a lot of metal to my painting pile; once the weather cools I'll be picking up a paint brush and working on a project or two. I'll be sure to share the results with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment