Sunday 2 October 2022

Warsmith's Words: Vindicator Work In Progress

 Welcome back to the Vault! I've been unwell this week and not really been feeling the hobby mojo. However, the energy and enthusiasm to pick up a paint brush has started to return and I've turned my attention to an Iron Warriors Vindicator.

This was a fun kit to build but needed a minor amount of conversion. The kit is essentially an Imperial Vindicator with the Chaos Vehicle sprue. So Imperial Aquila have been removed and replaced with heretical Chaos Icons.

That's something of a pun; the Vindicator is one of the iconic Iron Warrior units (along side Obliterators and Havocs) and I known for *ages* I'll need to have at least one in my collection.

The main focus of painting session has been laying down the hazard stripes and getting some metallics onto the tracks. I'm also experimenting with a bit of weathering on the dozer blade which I quite like; that will probably get extended to the lower half of the main body of the tank once I've finished the wear and tear on the front.


Next week is list submission for Octoberfest; I'm pretty settled on my choices and currently the Vindicator isn't part of the army so I don't need to stress and rush the paint job. I'll share my list and some pics of the whole force in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment