Sunday 20 February 2022

Regimental Reporting: Parade Ready for Doubles 22

 Welcome back to the Officer's Mess! First Founding's Doubles 40K tournament is almost here, and as today is the deadline for list submissions I've mustered the models to ensure there are no breaks to repair, etc. and take a few pictures.

I'm partnered with Scott and we've gone with a fairly thematic pairing of Genestealer Cult and Imperial Guard. Colonel Staysback seems to have a bit of a strange glassy look in his eyes these days...

Scott has gone with an infantry heavy force, so I've decided to focus on vehicles. My list should be pretty simple to run (no complicated tricks here; those are all for the sneaky cultists).

Battalion, 1000 points.

  • Custom Regimental Doctrine: Gunnery Experts, Spotter Details
  • Pre Game Stratagems: Tank Ace [-1CP]

[HQ Choices] 

  • Company Commander [35pts]: Frag grenades, Laspistol, Relic: Kurov's Aquila
  • Tank Commander [225pts]: Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon, 3x Heavy bolter, Warlord (Weapon Expert)

[Troop Choices] 

  • Infantry Squad [65pts]: Autocannon Heavy Weapon Team
  • Infantry Squad [60pts]: Plasma Gun
  • Infantry Squad [60pts]: Plasma Gun

[Fast Attack Choices] 

  • Hellhound [110pts]: Heavy Bolter, Inferno Cannon
  • Hellhound [110pts]: Heavy Bolter, Inferno Cannon

[Heavy Support Choices] 

  • Leman Russ Demolisher [180pts]: Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon, 3x Heavy bolter
  • Manticore [155pts]: (Support Ace) Full Payload, Heavy Flamer, 4x Storm Eagle Rockets

I have a core of infantry to go score objectives, do actions, die valiantly for the Four Armed Emperor, etc. The squads have a few weapon upgrades to use up the last few points.


I've decided to try out the custom Regimental Doctrines rather than play my traditional Cadians. I hope I won't miss the Overlapping Fields of Fire or Lost Relic. Instead I've taken Gunnery Experts and Spotter Details which allows a re-roll when determining the number of shots on Demolisher Cannons, etc. and adds 6" of range to most of the Heavy Weapons in the list.


 I've also leant into the random #shot weapons with the Hell Hounds and Manticore. Fingers crossed the Doctrine will give some reliability.


I haven't taken the Manticore to an event before so it will be fun to see how well it fares. Continuing the theme of relying on the vehicles I've invested in two of the new Tank Ace abilities; the Commander Russ has an extra pip of AP on his Demo Cannon, and the Manticore is sporting a Full Payload so each shot is flat Damage 3.

I'm really looking forward to the event and catching up with everyone. I'll be sure to provide an After Action Report and let you know how Staysback and his new chums have fared.

No comments:

Post a Comment