Sunday 5 December 2021

Pestilential Painting: The Doctor will see you now

Welcome back to the Vectorium! I've had a couple of productive hobby sessions this week; first up I've completed the Death Guard Plague Surgeon.

This really entailed the splattering of copious amounts of Blood for the Bood God, and then basing the good Doctor ankle deep in mud.

I've really enjoyed painting this model, and attempting a bit more of a John Blanche-esque inspired paint scheme. The posing of the model is fantastic and I can just imagine him slogging across the battle field conducting his macabre work.




I spent Friday evening on a video call with Neil from Table Standard, building some models from the Imperium magazine and chatting over the joys of the hobby and blogging. We are planning some Kill Team and finally getting around to playing the Last Stand at Glazer's Creek game we've been promising ourselves for a couple of years (stupid covid).

I've also been invited to participate in a small 10 man, 2000 point RTT in January called "Casual Serious". I plan on taking the Grey Knights as I haven't played them in a long time and they are pretty competitive meta-wise. I do need to paint up some stuff from the shame pile to round out the list for 9th edition (in particular a Nemesis Dread Knight), so the painting queue for the next few months looks like this:
  • Grey Knights reinforcements
  • Frostgrave Warband
  • Dark Eldar Coven units for the Hero Forge.
  • More Cadian Infantry for Glazers Creek.
And no doubt there will be random Death Guard as well; I'm enjoying painting these far too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment